Property market data – key points
- From August to October 2020, the average property selling price in Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and the Borders was £270,983, up 7.9% compared to last year.
- Properties in the Scottish Borders experienced a significant year-on-year increase in average selling price, rising by 20.6%.
- The median time for properties to be placed under offer in Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and the Borders over the past three months was 18 days, three days faster than last year.
- Over the past three months, the number of homes coming to market rose by 44.4% while the volume of property sales was down 5.6% compared to last year.
- The average percentage of Home Report valuation achieved during this period was 104.1% compared to 103%.